A stately rock bill located about 15 kilometres eastward of Caslav gave its advantageous position to the bastioned castle already in the second half of 12th century. The stone castle called Lichtenburk was established on the same place lately. The name Lichtenburg followed subsequently. In 1637 the emperor Ferdinand II assumed the whole lordship and placed here a military crews. Thanks to it the castle has been saved from Swedish soldiers in 1646 though they took the constable prisoner. Two years later, after the peace ratification, the emperor Ferdinand II let the castle pull down. The castle should have become a base for enemies. Unfortunately this fiat has been realized in Lichnice and although it did not mean a castle destruction it caused a slow desolation of this former proud fortress.